- To learn more about the faculty and staff of the Medical Laboratory Science Program, click here.
- To see Jefferson College of Health Sciences Catalog, with the Medical Laboratory Sciences section beginning on page 109, click here.
Medical laboratory scientists perform tests that enable other healthcare providers to make diagnostic and treatment decisions for patients every day. Billions of laboratory tests are ordered in the United States each year and laboratory scientists interact with other healthcare professionals to interpret, make recommendations, and deliver quality data for the best possible patient care. Medical laboratory scientists are responsible for quality assurance, appropriate test methodologies, and precision analyzers leading to the delivery of accurate results.
Opportunities for employment are most plentiful in clinical/hospital laboratories, but our graduates are also employed in research laboratories, education fields, veterinary medicine, laboratory information systems, sales and marketing, equipment/analyzer maintenance, and test development.
The mission of the Medical Laboratory Science Program is to prepare ethical, knowledgeable, competent, and caring laboratory scientists who possess a broad knowledge base in the laboratory science field and are prepared to provide excellent patient care to a diverse population of individuals.
Medical Laboratory Science Vision:
Graduates of the Jefferson College of Health Sciences Medical Laboratory Science Program will be employees of choice for the medical, research and reference laboratory fields.
Graduates of the Jefferson College of Health Sciences Medical Laboratory Science Program will be nationally recognized as employees of choice for the medical, research and reference laboratory fields.
- Three Year Average Graduation Rate Percentage: 100%
- Three Year Average Placement Rate Percentage: 100%
- Three Year Average BOC Pass Rate Percentage: 78%
Contact the Director
- Laura Link, MS, MLS(ASCP)CM, CHES
- 101 Elm Avenue, SE
Roanoke, VA 24013
- Click here for the general information on admissions requirements.