If you are accepted into a program at Jefferson College of Health Sciences, we recommend that you deposit immediately to reserve your seat. All of our programs fill quickly, and sending in the deposit is your only guarantee of enrollment. You can pay your deposit by contacting the Bursars Office (click here for contact information).
Next Steps After Depositing
Register for Classes
It's time to see your Academic Advisor and register for classes! We recommend that you register as quickly as you can once new student registration begins. Do not delay in registering as classes fill up quickly. Please contact the Registrars Office if you have any questions at (540) 224-4492.
- Students must contact their academic advisors to discuss choice of courses before registration.
- Advisors will “authorize” their students to register online.
- Students should make sure there are no holds on their accounts. Holds prevent registration.
- Students register themselves via their Self Service Accounts.
- If you waitlist yourself for a course, check your Jefferson College student e-mail every day including weekends and holidays.
- If a space becomes available to you, you will receive an e-mail notification.
- You only have 24 hours from the time the e-mail was sent to you to register.
- If you miss the e-mail and opportunity the next person on the waitlist will be notified of the space.
Complete Health Records Information
Most of our students are working in the clinical setting their first year at Jefferson. Due to close patient access in the healthcare setting, students are required to have documentation of immunizations, CPR training, and a recent physical exam.
You must have your Health History Packet completed before you can start your clinical rotations. The Health History Packet will be mailed to you once you submit your deposit. Don't delay filling out this important paperwork.
If you ever need information released from your student health record to another entity, you will need to complete an Authorization for Release Form (click here for the form).
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is a very important part of your first year at Jefferson. Orientation will help you transition into College and is what you need to start your year off right.