Carilion Clinic is hosting its Fall 2017 Ethics Conference in November, and all Jefferson College students, faculty and staff are invited to attend. Please see below for details on the events, including how to register.
Fall 2017 Ethics Conference
Ethics of Compassion: Expanded Access to Experimental Drugs
Thursday, November 2, 2017, form 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Jefferson Center, 541 Luck Avenue, Roanoke
Arthur L. Caplan, Ph.D., is the Drs. William F. and Virginia Connolly Mitty Professor of Bioethics at New York University's Langone Medical Center. He is the founding director of NYULMC's Division of Medical Ethics
Jason Hoffman, PharmD, BCPS is the Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services at Carilion Clinic
Carley Emerson, MS, CIP, CCRP, Carilion Clinic Institutional Review Board
- Analyze the Ethics of experimental drugs.
- Identify ethical challenges of compassionate use.
- Examine patient access to experimental drugs outside of clinical trials.
Physicians, Clinicians, RN’s, PA’s and anyone else who prescribes or administers medicine for treatment.
This CME activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Medical Society of Virginia through the joint providership of Carilion Clinic’s CME Program and Carilion Clinic’s Biomedical and Research Ethics . Carilion Clinic’s CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Carilion Employees: Free
- Non-Carilion Employees: $25, includes packet, CME Education credits and breakfast. Checks only at Registration
- 7:00 –7:30 a.m.: Registration and Breakfast
- 7:30—7:45 a.m.: Introduction
- 7:45—8:45 a.m.: Arthur Caplan, PhD, Keynote Speaker
- 8:45—9:00 a.m.: Break
- 9:00—9:45 a.m.: Jason Hoffman, PharmD, BCPS, Speaker
- 9:45 -10:00 a.m.: Break
- 10:00-11:00 a.m.: Panel: Moderator: Mark G. Swope, PhD, Director, Medical Ethics; Arthur L. Caplan, Ph.D., Jason Hoffman, PharmD, BCPS, Carley Emerson, M.S.
- 11:00 a.m.: Evaluation / Adjourn
You can download a flyer with this information at http://www.jchs.edu/sites/default/files/documents/2017_Fall_Ethics_Conf.pdf
Breakfast will be available early and refreshments at breaks.
Registration is required by October 27. You can download a registration form at http://www.jchs.edu/sites/default/files/documents/Registration%20form%5D%5B1%5D.pdf
Completed registration forms should be submitted to email@example.com or faxed to (540) 510-4596. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration.
You can also register for the conference online at: http://www.cvent.com/events/carilion-clinic-s-2017-fall-ethics-conference/event-summary-6e1cc4737bfd4de49ae7d282a181e6ce.aspx or through Cornerstone on Demand, Class CE971C.